Friday, September 7, 2012

Quickie Updates

Well the pillows stayed perfectly placed for about 20 minutes.  I came into the bedroom and saw this:


Bob Barker really appreciates the new pillows on the bed.  I try to keep things looking nice, and this is what happens.

I asked Patrick if he was surprised to see them when he came home and what he thought.  He said, "I was just like, 'Huh.  Looks like Karie went shopping.'"  Hmph.

I finished my spraypainting on the two items from the thrift store last Saturday.


The cow painting reflected in the mirror is one I did a couple of weeks ago.  I'll do a post on that sometime, even though I didn't photograph my progress along the way, but I can still explain the process I used.  Super simple.



It's here for now, just because our little rental house is so small there's not a good spot for it here.  I'm not sure how Bob Barker feels about this one.  (I think he likes the pillows a lot better.)  It needs to be on a smaller wall - I'm thinking at the end of a hallway - with a nice deep paint color behind it.  I'm really loving this color from Sherwin-Williams.



The owl is done too.




Well that's it for today.  Like I said, just a couple of quickie updates.  I'm *really* hoping I have some stellar news on the house search for you on Monday.  I haven't blogged about it because I don't want to jinx us.

Have a fabulous weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment