Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Howl-oween!

Happy Howl-oween from Chuck Taylor and Bob Barker!

I managed to throw together a Halloween mantel really quickly, in case we get trick or treaters tonight.

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
I still need to dig out my big crystal candlesticks for tonight.  They're in the garage somewhere . . . 

We've had the fake raven for several years, and although the hubs thought I was crazy for buying him (we call him Flappy), I cannot even tell you how many people have these for their Halloween decor now.  They're everywhere!
 
 
Young House Love
 
... in the Fun Lane
 
Brooklyn Limestone
Glad to see I'm not the only one with some raven lovin'.
 
I fully intended to fill those two big glass hurricane jars with some tiny baby punkin gourds, but seeing how I waited till the day before Halloween to decorate (dang that whole moving thing!), I couldn't get my hands on any on such short notice.
 
I did manage to pick up a bag of Kit-Kats and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups this morning, so if we do have trick or treaters tonight, we'll have treats to give them.
 
We're going to build our first fire in the fireplace tonight, and I bought a bundle of birch logs yesterday - more for decoration than for burning - but I can always get more.  I'm just imagining how amazingly delicious our s'mores made with Reese's Cups are going to be tonight . . .
 
Trick or Treat!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment